Friday, July 13, 2012

Christmas in July!

Hello to all my Friends,

Well, it's that time again to celebrate Friday with a brand new challenge! This week our theme is "Christmas in July"  Seems funny to be making a Christmas card when the temperatures are at over 100 degrees farheinheit.  I will say it is certainly refreshing!!  So dig out those festive papers and get crafting!!  Here is my card to help you get started!


This little cutie is by this month's sponsor 'Dilly Bean Stamps'. You can find their shop here.  The papers are by Bo Bunny and the sentiment has been wet embossed and is by Close to my Heart.  I used a SB lacey die to mat the image on and a MS border punch behind it. I added some liquid glass to the beak and feet and some stickles to the heart.  The pompom and the fur on the hat was given some dimension with some white flock.  Lastly, I punched out some holly with some gems and added bells to ring in the season!

Be sure to stop by and join us for the refreshing change and celebrate Christmas in July over at the Outlawz Copic Challenge Group.

Thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card, Darlene! Love the papers and the adorable penquin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, Darlene! The penguin is super cute, love the matting and the border! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Love the gorgeous image Darlene..the shading on the penguin is perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute!! Love the deep festive colours you picked for the background and the little guy look great in his matching hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card Darlene. I love this cute penguin. Love your color and the beautiful coloring you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little guy came out so cute. I love the layout and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    this is soooo cute! I like your cards. Thank you for your comments.
    Greets Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    thank you for your comments on my blog. The penguin is so cute! I like your cards.
    Greets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!