Friday, April 20, 2012

TaDa!

Hello Everybody!

As I just typed my greeting I heard Grover from Sesame Street screaming that very greeting!  Does anybody out there remember our little blue friend Grover?  Sometimes I can get very distracted by the simplest things!  Anyway, it's that time again to join me over at the Outlawz for a fun and exciting new challenge this week!  Our theme is Magic and how you want to interpret it is up to you!  Our sponsor this month is the mega-talented Mayzy of Mayzy Art.  You can find her etsy shop here.  She has so many wonderful images and they are so much fun to colour!  Here is my card to help get the creative juices flowing!

This little cutie is a ringmaster who as you can see is just an outline image.  The magic of this card is when you pull the tab at the top....


TaDa,  she emerges fully coloured!  I had a lot of trouble photographing the coloured image because the transparency that lies over the image is textured to be able to hold the printer ink.  You can't see the vibrant red and black shading very well.  However, it looks better in person but I wanted to try it out for this challenge.  I was on you tube watching new techniques and found this one.  You can find it here. Biada from Splitcoast stampers has some wonderful creative tutorials!!

Be sure to put on you thinking caps and come up with a magic card to inspire us all at Friday's Copic Challenge Group.  I can't wait to see all the wonderful creations. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love your card and loved the great design. Your coloring is beautiful as always. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and clever project, Darlene! You did a fabulous job! The image is terrific and you've colored so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I remember Grover, I adore him!! Fab card; love that gingham paper, Darlene. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is totally adorable!! I love the disigning of it and think not coloring the image show cased perfectly!! Welcome to both Design teams Darlene!! We love you at the Outlawz and Through The Craftroom Door! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I have seen these cards but have never made one. You did a great job with the image and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool!! Love the magic trick with the card, very impressive and such great colouring on that cute image (must get that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is sooooo clever! Image is beautifully colored...now to pop over and see how to do this(-;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!