Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mirror, Mirror!

Hi Everybody,

Well, it's that time again when everyone in the house needs to get their hair cut.  While the girls were in school I took our puppy Puddles to the groomers and then made appointments for the three of us to get our hair done after school.  While we were at the salon, I watched my girls as they stared at themselves in the huge mirrors and posed over and over again.  When their hair was done, they really went crazy posing in all the mirrors and trying to pretend they weren't looking at themselves.  I remember when I was their age, enjoying checking myself out in the mirror, but I don't remember all the posing.  Is this new or have I forgotten?  As their mother, I believe they are beautiful inside as well as out, and I want to make sure that I put emphasis on inward beauty, so they don't focus on their appearance as a means to being accepted.  I thought it would be better to start early before the more difficult issues arise!  I know vanity is important to little girls, but I want to make sure there is a balance.  

Could you imagine a mirror that could reveal inner beauty; would you be so quick to ask, what does it see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!