Friday, May 4, 2012

Do you care for Tea!

Hello Everybody,

It's Friday and we all know what that means!  A new fun and exciting challenge in our Copic Challenge Group over at the Outlawz!  Our wonderful sponsor this month is Can You Digi it.   Be sure to check them out, they have some awesome images that are so much fun to colour!!  The theme this week is a Mother's day card or a much loved female in your life.  I lost my mom to cancer five  years ago so I made my card for a dear friend.


I printed out my digi image from our sponsor on some cream coloured neenah cardstock and then coloured it with my copics.  The papers are by Close to my Heart.  I used my new border punch by EK Success and my heart embellishment on my bow is made by Epiphany Crafts.  I paper pieced one of the cups and added some liquid glass to make it shiny and added to stickles to the striped one.  Lastly some jewels and a ribbon to tie it all together.

As I type this post with my cup of tea, I hope you will enjoy it with a cup of your own!  Be sure to join us and give me a chance to share in some of your works of art!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Darlene! I love the color combo and the tower of tea cups! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, this is a fabulous design. I love what you did with your image and love the beautiful colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combo that you have used. Your coloring is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so pretty, pink and brown together are awesome, great card hun :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo! Simply wonderful! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card; love the colors, coloring, design, everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Love the card, color combo and embellishments! I even recognize the punch you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, the design is wonderful! Great colors and papers you chose, and love the paper-piecing on the one cup. Very cute, especially with the gloss! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love the rich pinks and browns and your highlighting and shading are just wonderful. Beautiful work

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!