Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happiness!

Hello to all my friends,

This month I was asked to be a guest designer over at The House of Gilli Challenge Blog.  The theme is embossing. Be sure to put on your thinking caps and pull out your embossing tools and show us what you got!   Here is my card. It is entered in the Colour Me Creative Classroom for their anything goes challenge.


Isn't she soo cute!  I used my brayer and inked it with chocolate ink and rolled it on my Tim Holtz embossing folder so that when the folder pressed into the paper it picked up the ink to make the impression more noticeable! I love how it look like real bark!  I also wet embossed the sentiment.  I paper pieced her purse but the print was so large you can barely tell. I added stickles to the belt and the button on the purse.  I used some liquid glass on her shoes to make them shiny and tied it all together with a silk ribbon.

Be sure to come and join us and show us your embossing talent! Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GD gig, Darlene! Fantastic card! Love the cute image and all the fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on this design. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene this is great! I love the Gilli images and you have used her so beautifully. Gorgeous colour tones xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. I love the colours that you have used. Well done and congratulations too. Love Maxine. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!